Select Inlite Barcode Reader product
comprises two products: ClearImage SDK and Barcode Reader CLI. The main difference between these products is how the barcode reading is invoked and how the results of the barcode reading are obtained.
At the core of both products is the ClearImage engine, powering thousands of production installations worldwide for over 20 years.
- Both products read the most popular 1D barcodes (Code 39, Code 128, etc.), 2D barcodes (PDF417, DataMatrix, QR), and Driver's License Barcodes.
- Both products support all the most popular image formats, including PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, and BMP.
- Both products support all licensing models described in this page.
In the ClearImage SDK call to the programming API invokes barcode reading. Results are also obtained through API as well.
Notable features of the ClearImage SDK:
- Barcode recognition is an integral part of your application.
- Process any image from any source, including streams
- Choice of API includes .NET (.Net standard 2.0), COM, DLL, and Java.
- Code examples are provided in C#, C++, PHP, and Java.
- Includes image processing functions used to improve image visual quality, improve OCR and reduce image size.
To start using the ClearImage SDK, visit this page.
Barcode Reader CLI
The Barcode Reader CLI command-line application allows the use of any programming language to initiate the barcode reading through a subprocess (spawning the process). Barcode reading results are obtained from the interception of console output or a designated output file. In addition, the Barcode Reader CLI can be invoked from batch files or shell scripts.
Notable features of the Barcode Reader CLI:
- Process multiple files and folders in a single invocation
- Process images located on the Web without extra code development
- Code examples are available in Node.js, Java, PHP, Python, C++, C#, Ruby, and Go
- Optimized to minimize startup time
- Available for both Windows and Linux
To start using the Barcode Reader CLI, visit this page.
Summary of differences
Barcode Reader CLI
Software Development Kit
.NET, Java, COM, or DLL APIs
Shell script or Spawning the process
Text, Binary data, properties through API
JSON, Text, Binary to console or output files
C#, C++, Java, PHP
C#, C++, GO, Java, NodeJS, PHP, Python, Ruby
Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.