- 1D Barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, UCC/EAN 128, Codabar, Patch code, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8
- 2D Barcodes: PDF417, DataMatrix, QR
- Postal Barcodes: US Intelligent Mail, UK Royal Mail, Australian Mail, Singapore Mail, Postnet / Planet
- Automatically adapts to poor quality and damaged barcodes
- Any barcode angle
- Any location on a page, in a file, or specified area
- Targeted Barcode Reader technology to boost recognition rate and/or speed
- Muti-threaded operations support
- Barcode value as text and byte arrays
- Barcode properties, including:
- Barcode rectangle and corner coordinates
- Barcode rotations
- File name and the page number where a barcode is found
- Barcode module size
Maximize the usability of the barcode data and simplify application development. ClearImage reader automatically identifies and provides the appropriate data presentation to the application.
- Unicode presentation of barcodes containing text in any language (including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, and others)
- Automatically decompresses barcodes from Adobe® LiveCycle® forms.
- Consolidates multiple 2D barcodes using structured append (including MacroPDF47) into a single barcode data.
- Reads PDF417 barcodes from US and International ID Documents
- Recover barcodes from poor-quality images
- Extract personal information from US/Canada Driver's Licenses and ID Cards
- Extract personal information from South Africa Driver's Licenses (Windows only)
- Uniformly represent data from various formats of Driver's Licenses/ID Cards
- Name: First, Middle, Last, Suffix
- User Address
- Date of birth
- Physical data: weight, height, eye, hair color
- License data: ID, issued date, expiration date
- ANSI data in XML output
Improve OCR recognition
Automatically and quickly clean images prior to OCR: deskew, auto-rotate, clean noise, and remove lines. Remove image artifacts impairing the OCR process, thereby translating to a higher recognition rate and speed.
Improve image visual quality
Automatic rotation, deskewing, and noise reduction bring the visual quality of scanned or faxed images close to the printed original. Smoothly scale images to high-quality thumbnails for Web presentation. Convert low-quality standard faxed images to fine mode.
Reduce image file size
Removing many image artifacts, cleaning noise, smoothing characters, and straightening lines can significantly reduce the size of the compressed image file. Scale images to reduce image size. Convert color grayscale to high-quality bitonal. These all result in significantly reduced storage space requirements and a much-improved speed of image transmission over the Internet.
Develop specialized imaging applications
Document segmentation, line identification, and other image analysis tools are the core of form processing applications. Low-level image processing tools like morphological, filters, binarization, scaling, etc. are used to build specialized document processing tools.
- Auto-rotate image: 90 °, 180 ° or 270 °
- Auto-deskew image based on content: +/- 45°
- De-speckle: remove black and/or white noise
- Advanced binarization: Convert complex color/grayscale images to bitonal
- Remove borders. Deskew and crop based on black borders
- Remove punch holes
- Delete and reconstruct horizontal and vertical lines
- Resize an image to standard document size: Letter, Legal, A4, custom size, etc.
- Remove lines and reconstruct text characters
- Auto-crop or auto-register
- Blank page detection
- Remove Fax header
- Convert standard quality fax to fine fax
- Segmentation analysis. Identify image objects
- Find, delete, or repair lines on an image
- Identify vertical and horizontal lines
- Measure image skew angle and rotation
- Measure image margins
- Measure pixel content and histograms
- Image scaling with smoothing
- Morphological filters: fattening, trimming
Minimum available memory: 2GB